- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Project Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent
Assystem E&I are currently seeking the services of a Project Engineer to support its growing energy and nuclear business
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the successful applicant will assist with overall project delivery, including cost and planning controls for work packages and major projects.
- Supporting the management of work packages to schedule, budget, and quality – monitoring budgets and forecasts, tracking progress vs schedule, resource planning and management of sub-contractors
- Recommendations to the Project team where deviations to schedule, cost, safety, or quality requirements are identified
- Interface with the Project team (Engineering Team and PM) to identify and report: progress, scope changes, meeting actions, issues and risks
- Production of progress reports, both internally and externally and presenting to stakeholders
- Production and maintenance of Risk Register (internal and external)
- Production and maintenance of Early Warning registers
- Management of technical deliverables and all
- Support to the project team regarding client change requests
- Provide other process and admin support to governance, QA and the engineering team
- ERP/CRM system maintenance interfacing
- Project close-out and archiving support
Skills and Behaviours
- Past project management or project engineering experience (essential)
- Experience of managing elements of scheduling, project cost capture/reporting (essential)
- Computer literate in MS Office in Outlook, Word, Excel and Project (essential) (P6 desirable)
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines without direction/supervision (essential)
- Flexible in approach to work (essential)
- Attention to detail (essential)
- High customer service orientation (essential)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to cultivate good relationships (essential)
- Ability to build morale among the teams and promote continuous improvement (essential)
- Excellent understanding of customer expectations and deliverables and the desire to produce good quality products (essential)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawing, translate product drawings into actionable process information and develop design ideas and plans successfully (essential)
- NEC4 experience (desirable)
- Knowledge of engineering projects
- Experience of working in the Nuclear/Defence Industry is an advantage but not essential
- MS Project/P6 experience would benefit but is not essential
- Degree preferred, or other equivalent qualification
- APM, Prince 2 or other project management qualifications would benefit
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.