Project Controls Support Consultant
- Cross sector
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
We are excited to be growing our London team. We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and adaptable Support Consultant to join us on the biggest infrastructure and construction projects in the UK. Please note this is a full time, permanent position.
Life as a Assystem consultant:
- Meet the understand level of core technical competencies (time, cost, risk, change)
- Meets the understand level of core management & leadership competencies.
- Look to develop specialised technical competencies and show a commitment to upskill.
- Look to develop systems competencies and show a commitment to upskill.
- Develop and maintain project schedules/cost controls.
- Perform analysis and interrogation on schedules/cost.
- Develop Project controls systems and train clients in the use of the reports.
- Support Project managers to deliver projects.
- Maintain project reporting requirements.
- Ensure that performance is both positive and proactive and that you provide a high impact service – we fix their problems quickly, without fuss.
- Support clients and offer further Assystem support wherever they need it in the delivery of their project.
- Encourage clients to take advantage of the full range of Assystem’s capabilities including flexible support.
- Actively involved in identifying opportunities in their current commission
- Help map the client organization (finding new contacts and making sure we are talking to the right levels)
- Identify other projects and opportunities for your Account Manager to follow up on.
- Set up account meetings.
- Invite clients to Assystem events.
- With your Account Manager identify a value-add service to propose to the client
- Bench tasks to include research for sector leads; information as to when bids/tender are released and who has won what.
- Run PCMA on account at beginning and end or bi-annually.
- Account Management plans to be reviewed quarterly, update on contacts and new section for relevant Sector Lead information.
- Active involvement in promoting the business through our social media posts.
- Attend monthly team meetings and participating in training and knowledge sharing discussions.
- Promote the Assystem values and goals.
- Informs the Account Manager of new business opportunities.
- Further specific responsibilities as captured in individual’s Performance & Development Review (PDR)
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be punctual and work the hours and times specified.
- Prioritise workload to ensure work of the greatest importance to the business is undertaken with urgency and to a high standard.
- Support and help develop a positive workplace culture.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Responsibly manage all business resources within accountability levels.
- Serve the business in good faith, promoting and protecting the business’ best interests.
- Demonstrate through own actions a commitment to Health and Safety at work when undertaking work or observing others in the workplace.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years project experience
- Good understanding of the benefits and application of project planning and project controls
- High level of IT skills and experience using planning software
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Confident communicator (verbal & written)
- Reliable and adaptable to change.
- Displays a positive can-do attitude and behaviour.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a BPSS without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.