- Contracting / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Project Controller to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
The Project Controller takes responsibility for the control and delivery of smaller, lower complexity packages of work. Monitor, review and report the status of assigned scope of work in accordance with the requirements defined in the Project Management Plan and agreed with the Project Sponsor and Project Manager.
Job title: Project Controller
Contract length: 9-12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective delivery of smaller, lower complexity packages of work.
- Facilitate & govern PM documents & artefacts.
- Report the status of assigned work in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Manage and report variances to project baseline and report project Key Performance Indicators.
- Review project data, identify and report trends, highlight anomalies and propose corrective action if performance is outside specification.
- Ensure effective controls are implemented in accordance with the company management procedures to achieve the project success criteria.
- Accurate reporting to relevant stakeholders in accordance with the defined timescales.
- Facilitate and manage risk and opportunity activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Equivalent industry experience preferable or Degree level qualification.
- Attained APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent; or can demonstrate equivalent PM knowledge.
- Working towards membership of Association of Project Management (AMAPM or MAPM).
- Demonstrate good experience of working & delivering in cross functional teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience of SAP and P6 preferable.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.