- Permanent / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Summary of the Role
The Project Administrator will organise and co-ordinate administration duties and office procedures to ensure the project runs smoothly. The varied role will be supporting the project management team to successfully deliver the project. Always representing the project in a professional and competent manner, developing strong working relationships with colleagues and clients. Liaising with clients and colleagues to effectively complete all requirements.
- Schedule meetings and appointments as required by the Management team and support as necessary.
- Compilation of reports and document formatting (e.g., Board packs, meeting packs).
- Minute taking and updating Action Tracker – attend and ensure accurate records of the meeting are saved, collating and distributing agendas, minutes, meeting papers, action trackers and other relevant documentation as required.
- Organise Travel as required.
- Maintain office space – book desks, alert relevant HSE manager of any issues identified.
- Provide General Support to visitors – organise passes, meet and greet, access and catering requirements. Provide consistently high-quality customer service through all forms of communication, including phone, email, letter and face-to-face.
- Address employee queries and resolve – travel arrangements, hardware, stationery.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new starters – assist with arranging, developing and maintaining induction processes and training programmes, organise computers and email address.
- Work with other administrative colleagues across the teams to ensure a consistent and efficient approach and good communications on administrative matters. Create and maintain databases, records and templates. Accurate data entry.
- Ensure all mailing lists are kept up-to-date and accurate, liaising with team and others as required.
- Events organisation – Conferences, project events, parties and dinners. Liaise with and support the event lead/host and colleagues to coordinate the resources required to run a successful and fully accessible engagement event with partners and stakeholders.
- Timesheet Control – ensure team have filled in timesheets in a timely manner.
- Diary and email management support.
- Maintain team project diary (annual leave etc.).
- Able to prioritise and work on your own initiative – able to manage time effectively.
- Able to multi-task and not wilt under pressure – strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Hard working and collaborative with an agile, can-do attitude.
- Able to navigate issues and maintain a good balance.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Patience and discretion to deal with all aspects of the role.
- Flexible in working hours to fit with project needs.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign.
Location: Glasgow Office
- Permanent Staff or Umbrella Contractor Position
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week in Glasgow office
- SC Clearance required,
- Sole UK National
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.