Programme Controls Manager
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Purpose – Background and Context
We are seeking a motivated and energetic Programme Controls Manager. The candidate will provide robust reporting and management information.
You will ensure that the projects within the portfolio and programme remain within their approved time and cost envelope, ensuring that the programme remains aligned to strategy and affordability. The work you do will give you exposure to senior stakeholders, project teams and customers and you will be part of an ambitious team.
- Support Project Delivery teams and Project Managers to deliver high quality monthly reporting to a consistent standard.
- Manage data from the standard reports and ad hoc reports to aggregate into Programme and Portfolio reporting. The Scope of this covers; schedule, cost, risk, H&S, licensed site compliance, compliance with project delivery process, quality, assurance via gateway reviews.
- Develop process and tools to ensure consistent capture and reporting of information required for control.
- Develop and implement the drumbeat for the monthly controls cycle ensuring it is aligned to the Programme Managers requirements.
- Arrange controls drumbeat meetings ensuring that the meeting is organised with the right attendees, agenda set, chaired correctly and actions are recorded, distributed, and followed up. You will be secretary for most of these meetings.
- Communicate data in a way that reaches its target audience by using applications such as Power BI, PowerPoint, and other MS Office applications. For key controls data, analyse trends so that the Hd of Portfolio Control, Programme Director, or Senior Responsible Owner can make timely interventions and continuously improve our delivery.
- Provide guidance to project delivery around adherence to best practise and programme level controls requirement.
- Promote open communication and collaboration between all parties including project and customer organisations. Carry out quality checks to ensure projects are adhering to best practices
- Experience of project, programme, or portfolio controls.
- Collation of controls data and analysis of trends.
- Generation and presentation of reports for senior management.
- Communicating data in a way that reaches its target audience by using appropriate applications.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Power BI. With awareness of SharePoint, and Microsoft Team usage.
- Ability to prioritise workload, being flexible and adaptable.
- Proactive and able to use own initiative to solve problems and see opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, such as Engineering
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will require Security clearance. To gain this they will be required to be a Sole UK national, Hybrid working from home/Assystem Office
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.