Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy. We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
On behalf of Rolls Royce, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for multiple Profile Operators to work on site in Derby on a 12 month contract basis.
The successful candidate will have the desired skills to carry out production and inspection activities throughout the manufacturing process. You must be able to work safely and as part of a team. The delivery of right first-time quality is a key objective. Your role will be to support this objective by working within a team that is committed to continuous improvement and reducing non-conformance across products and processes. Where non-conformance to specification occurs you will be required to manage the non-conformance in line with the quality management system.
The role requires 3 shifts working and you may also be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime when necessary.
Role title – Profile Operator
Contract duration – 12 months
Contract type – PAYE via Umbrella – INSIDE IR35
Hours – 37 hours, Split between Nights, Afters + Days (overtime achievable)
Location – Raynesway (Rolls Royce)
Key accountabilities will include:
- Work to Technical Instructions to deliver consistent, high quality production and inspection across a variety of different components and product families
- Maintaining a high level of process compliance and sustainment, including calibration of gauges and measurement equipment and asset care of equipment.
- Operate a variety of digital inspection equipment, and the manual processes for obtaining associated data.
- Deliver high quality manual finishing operations and operate a variety of equipment and processes for manufacturing.
- Interpreting manufacturing drawings and written specifications
- Assessing components produced within the facility against quality standards
- Working within a team to effectively resolve quality issues and ensure work is being completed to plan
- The ability to make decisions giving suitable justifications for your conclusions
- Working within a team to effectively resolve any issues which arise
- Working closely with internal and external customers to continuously improve business performance
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and/or experience:
- Time served engineering apprenticeship, or previous experience relevant to Inspection and manufacturing in an engineering environment
- NPL Level 1
- NPL Level 2 is desired
- PCN L2 VT is desired
- Experience in the visual inspection of defects
- Experience of machine tools and hand dressing
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of drawing interpretation, calibration, dimensional and visual inspection
- An ideal candidate would be pro-active and capable of managing their time effectively
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Awareness of HS&E requirements
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Pavement Design Engineer
Process Design Engineer