Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world. Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Within the PMO Delivery Integration Team on the HPC Project, an opportunity has arisen to establish a small team of HPC Site based Quantity Surveyors who will work within the Critical Path Function to monitor, assess and, where required, support corrective actions to minimise impact on the Project critical path. The Quantity Surveyor will report to the Critical Path Lead, providing intelligence, support and advice.
Although the traditional role of the Quantity Surveyor is predominantly to support the commercial requirements of a contract and to a large extent this is reflected in this role, the ability to understand schedule performance in a fast moving large and complex construction programme is paramount, with the candidate able to demonstrate a good understanding of the construction process.
Working in a well-established technical led environment, the ability to communicate well and provide concise written reports is essential, as is the ability to understand and influence technical discussions across multi disciplines.
The role will require the incumbent to:
- Work closely with Contract and Client Planning engineers.
- Monitor performance against contract programmes and report issues within the Critical Path team for onward dissemination / escalation as required.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with other disciplines within the organisation, particularly the Area Delivery and Construction Teams.
- Take ownership to ensure queries and issues are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Support and coordinate Critical Path resources to meet agreed targets.
- Gain information from multiple sources, across the project using project tools e.g. P6 outputs, Excel databases/spreadsheets, Power BI, SharePoint, CEMAR, written and verbal conversations etc.
- Will require significant time in the field, possibly in the supply chain.
- Prepare and support monthly review evaluation reports/schedules and flow forecasts for submission to the Delivery Integration team
- Attend and influence meetings.
- Have a good working understanding of contract and commercial law and apply this knowledge practically.
- Questioning attitude
- Ability to understand complex schedules
- Financial and Commercial awareness
- IT skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio etc.), Primavera P6 (not essential)
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- The ability to work under their own initiative, with minimal supervision
- A good current understanding of the building industry
- Quantity Surveying qualification
Beneficial to have:
- Experience within the Nuclear Sector.
- Experience on large complex projects.
- Specialisms in one or more key trades to complement the team skills profile
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior CAD Designer
Resident Engineer - Civil
Architect Coordinator - Metro