Principal Process Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As Principal Process Engineer you will be required to:
- Oversee process design delivery (provide technical leadership) collaborating with the project Engineering Manager and other discipline leads to meet project milestones.
- Prepare schedules and estimates for process engineering on the project
- Support the safety case production
- Support the building, monitoring and reporting of progress against a delivery schedule
- Manage change control for the discipline
- Be able to proactively engage with the integrated project team and wider project stakeholders (plant personnel, system engineers, construction team etc)
- Produce project requirements and verification activities
- Undertake site visits & inspections where required
- Production, checking and approval of process deliverables including
- Development of Basis of Process Safety and Hazard Management Strategies
- Process information gathering and interrogation of this information
- Support to development of project estimates and schedule
- Appraisal of options and support to option down selection decisions
- Underpinning Process Design Calculations
- Technical Reports
- Technical Specifications
- Safety Case Substantiation
- Ensure adherence to all procedures, standards and project systems as required, to support effective and efficient performance
- Chartered Process Engineer
- Demonstrate strong leadership behaviours to drive timely delivery of an engineering schedule to quality and cost.
- A strong understanding of the challenges faced working on a project that has key interfaces with the nuclear safety case (preferred).
Minimum basic clearance, ideally SC
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.