Principal PES Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The role(s) involves being the Lead PES Engineer for PES delivery for the allocated Project(s) within the SNM projects portfolio.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of PES delivery for the allocated project(s), these project(s) can cover all parts of project lifecycle from concept to handover (dependant on the projects allocated).
They will functionally report to the SNM PES Senior Engineer
The role will require the individual to deliver the project PES deliverables in line with SL tailored process of ISO 15288 (SL QMS, standards, and guides) and be the Lead PES engineer for the allocated project(s) with regard to PES delivery for the Technical Processes in the V-model in the following diagram. Including authoring, checking, and reviewing deliverables from internal and external sources, verification and validation, quality, time, and cost management.
- Production of User Requirement Specifications,
- Production of Functional Requirement Specifications
- Production Sequence Interlock Diagrams
- Production of Graphic Requirements and User Interface Requirement Specifications
- Manage Cyber security reviews and Cyber Security Justification Reports production
- Panel Design Requirements
- Installation Design Requirements
- Production of EOs and Tender Packages for allocated project(s)
- Working closely with the supply chain and system integrators, including giving guidance/support.
- Managing and reviewing supply chain and system integrators deliverables and providing the appropriate feedback to ensure fit for purpose designs and quality
- Overseeing System Testing as a client lead.
Required to work closely and collaboratively within the Integrated project teams including team engineers, other disciplines, stakeholders, project management, cost controls and the supply chain.
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Must have demonstratable experience in working in control system requirements capture and delivery.
- Familiar with industrial cyber security practices i.e., BS 62443.
- Familiar with the V-Model processes and deliverables for PES systems delivery.
- Can demonstrate ability of undertaking site visits to ascertain validation of client requirements and managing a high number of client stakeholders for successful completion of design.
- Experience of managing PES deliverables and people in all phases of the PES project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience of managing the supply chain (PES design & build) within an NEC3 contract or equivalent
- At least 3 years working in roles where knowledge of systems / PES design lifecycle delivery was a key attribute.
- At least 1 years experience of working within a regulated and quality assured system (preferably nuclear) in roles where professional engineering judgement is the key attribute.
- Have the ability to work as part of an integrated delivery team, and individually, working within sometimes restrictive time constraints.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels.
- For Senior PES engineer (2) – knowledge of Functional Safety and IEC 61508
- Degree Qualified in appropriate discipline
- Professional registration (minimum IEng Level) with a relevant institute (i.e. IET, IoP. IMC)
Desirable Experience & Qualifications / Additional information (e.g. Radiological Status Requirements)
- Familiarity with SL processes and procedures for the delivery of Programmable Electronic Systems:
- ES_1_2479_1 Issue 5 Implementation of Programmable Electronic System based Control and Monitoring
- ES_1_2487_1 Issue 2 Operational Technology Security
- SL PES delivery lifecycle
- Familiarisation of the SL Gated project lifecycle
- Familiarity with working on the Sellafield Site and its facilities and assets.
- Experience working in Sellafield design and the tools and techniques Sellafield uses including HAZOPS, MFDs, S&IDDs, SIDs, URS packages, CONCISE etc for Control system delivery.
- Professional registration, CEng with a relevant institute (i.e. IET, IoP. IMC)
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan at Assystem
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.