Principal HV/LV Engineer
- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The HV/LV Electrical Engineer will be working as part of the defence Infrastructue team to support our client in Helensburgh.
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Manage supply chain engineering support to the project.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Support contract Scope writing and contract placement activities.
- Review and accept project drawings and documentation.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with client standards.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of supply chain work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Liaise and consult with stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- The post holder will be expected to support delivery within their range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Basic health and safety training as required for site visits.
- BEng Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) status or equivalent experience.
- Safety Case related training.
- Knowledge of current design standards and working practices including British & European Standards.
- Theoretical and practical skill and experience across concept design, detailed design and construction stages across a range of electrical engineering projects (ideally including industrial and/or maritime).
- Experience in the design assessment of electrical plant and equipment to withstand hazards.
- Experience in the specification of electrical systems and components for both HV and LV electrical networks at both 50Hz and 60Hz.
- Experience of authoring and producing robust technical justification and supporting documentation to allow for relevant electrical design modifications to be authorised within a high hazard industry.
- Familiarity with industrial plant and machinery such as pumps, generators, HVAC, SCADA, PAVA Systems etc.
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects providing electrical engineering input (ideally within industrial and/or maritime.
- Access to, and proficiency in, all software and IT as required to undertake the tasks listed above.
Security Clearance: SC, sole UK National
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.