Power Electronic Systems Engineer
- Contracting / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a dynamic, self-motivated Power Electronic Systems Engineer to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
The power systems teams are responsible for the end-to-end design of the power systems control from top level plant requirements, through vendor product design, and finishing off with system verification.
There are opportunities in various areas of systems design and the successful candidates will be aligned to their strengths. The power systems team provide direct supply chain support to develop and approve the design solution. Additional support is provided to the shipbuilder through build and commissioning documentation and issue resolution.
Job title: Power Electronic Systems Engineer
Contract length: 12 months +
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
You will be responsible for designing the power systems that control the plant. Additionally, you will be:
- Specifying product level requirements and working with vendors to ensure these have been met
- Verifying the final product against the original design requirements
- Managing the requirements, including traceability, through the product maturity gates
- Reviewing and approving design intent documentation
- Support shipbuilder/vendor build and commissioning issue resolution/documentation
Who we are looking for:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an electronics engineering discipline,
- Member or a related professional engineering institution (eg The IET),
- Experience in architecture design and V&V, including requirements capture/analysis methods.
- Background in power electronics to enable an intelligent customer relationship
One or more of the below is desired:
- Experience of using requirements management tools (eg DOORS)
- Proactive and automatous individual who can work the supply chain and various disciplines.
- Knowledge of motor design
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.