Planning & Project Controls Consultant
- Cross sector
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a dynamic, self-motivated Consultant to join our Bristol Office
Job title: Planning & Project Controls Consultant
We are looking for driven, adaptable project planning and controls consultants who have excellent technical skills and are able to build strong working relationships with both clients and project teams.
This function accountability shall include, but is not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining project schedules and cost controls
- Performing data analysis and interrogation to deliver high-level project insights
- Preparing detailed summary reports of schedules and milestones, including commentary on status and critical activities
- Providing advice and reviewing schedules prepared by members of the client’s team
- Introducing and developing new ideas and proposals to help drive Assystem forward
- Ensuring that performance is proactive and that your service provides impact – we fix problems quickly and without any fuss
- Actively identifying opportunities that will help develop Assystem’s network & services
- Attending / participating in Assystem knowledge sharing & networking events
- Providing market research to sector leads
- Running Project Controls Maturity Assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on major infrastructure & construction projects
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel & Primavera P6
- Solid understanding of EVM & Project Reporting
- Exceptional communication – you must be able to clearly explain technical concepts
- Ability to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines
Good to have:
- Experience working for a consultancy
- Experience creating dashboards – Power BI / Tableau
- Professional Membership
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a BPSS without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.