Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
A Planning Engineer is required to join our team in Bristol, to help support and build upon our UK nuclear new build business success, focusing upon the Hinkley Point C Project. We are above all looking for a driven individual, with a proven track record of being able to apply themselves to a task and delivering a favorable outcome.
- You will be providing discipline experience for Integrated Project Controls, under the direction and leadership of the IPC Planning Manager, to establish, develop and maintain Project schedules / plans for either the Central Controls Team or one of the Programme Controls Teams.
- This will include the timely and accurate maintenance of the Integrated Work Schedule (IWS) in adherence with HPC processes, management of Level 3 (contract) schedules, and provision of time-related data and analysis.
- To assist and support the Central Controls Team when required to ensure alignment with the Level 2 (client) IWS.
- To support EDF Energy in making informed decisions to support the efficient and timely delivery of work scope.
- Understanding of other Disciplines of Project Controls (particularly Estimating, Cost and Risk) including management techniques and associated software.
- Understanding of earned value analysis.
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC
- Detailed understanding of scheduling methodologies and techniques
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques in a UK context
- Ability to produce accurate, complete, and fully logic-linked construction plans
- Good working knowledge of P6
- High level of analytical and numerical skills
- Minimum of HND or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Construction or other related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Join us and help the UK achieve our net zero ambitions with Hinkley Point C (HPC) supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman