Piping – Completion Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Monitor the activities of the Installation Contractors to ensure the pressure test and subsequent activities are prepared and executed in accordance with nuclear safety and quality standards.
- Ensure the preparation of the Installation Contractors to prepare the documentation related to pressure test and subsequent activities (flushing, drying, preservation) up to hand over to Commissioning
- Manage the interfaces between:
- Installation Contractors pressure test team
- Installation Contractors construction team
- Contracts Project Managers
- Engineering colleagues in charge of upstream activities
- Building leads
- Commissioning team
- Pressure compliance team, competent person, and conformity assessment body
- Support the resolution of technical topics related to pressure test and subsequent activities:
- Definition and supply of temporary components
- Demineralized water supply
- Treatment of effluent
- Exemption request
- Organise the surveillance with the different reviewers on pressure test documentation including loop definition and procedures and perform reviews
- Ensure integration of the needs for activities post-construction into the construction sequence (for instance: Hydro pressure test loop definition, Commissioning Test Pack review and acceptance…).
- Coordinate all the engineering activities to support construction sequence, and including the identification and implementation of improvements to processes and ways of working (e.g., redlining process on site).
- Proven experience working in an equivalent / related role related to pressure test and completion activities;
- Meticulous and rigorous approach to engineering to achieve high professional standards;
- Proven ability to successfully deliver engineering safely to the correct quality, time and cost in a fast paced, schedule driven environment;
- Strong people leadership skills to coordinate efficient delivery of their scope through empowerment of their team members and drawing on the necessary support from others in the organisation;
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work autonomously but with awareness of own limitations;
- Knowledge of contractual and commercial mechanisms.
- Degree in related engineering field;
- Chartered Engineer with relevant engineering institute;
- Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations;
- Piping engineering, installation and/or commissioning experience
- Working knowledge of French language an advantage;
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.