- Contracting / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a People Partner in Derby on a contract basis.
In this role you work closely with the Leadership team in support of delivery of priorities. You will ensure the effective delivery of HR Strategy and services in the Business, meeting business needs in line with HR delivery model and Company policy. This role will appeal to those that would like to work in an environment that is both challenging and supportive, as a key member of the business People team.
Job title: People Partner
Contract length: 12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide effective HR support to business managers ensuring business needs are met in line with company HR policies and processes. Work with Executives, line managers and employees to resolve problems in areas where face-to-face support or knowledge of the local business context is required.
- Have prime responsibility for local deployment of Company HR processes such as Performance Management, Reward Review, Role grading, Salary policy, Engagement Surveys and deployment of Diversity & Inclusion plans.
- Advise, guide and coach leaders on their people responsibilities, management behaviours and team management. Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model: Guide line managers to obtain support from the right areas; maintain a strong partnership with other HR service delivery teams.
- Provide effective employee relations and promote a positive working climate locally, closely working with union representatives, line management and liaising with Central ER team where necessary.
- Provide employee/workforce development by directing line-managers to appropriate learning solutions or by identifying new learning needs to Learning Services.
- Support recruitment activity by ensuring vacancies are defined, graded and approved and line-managers directed to the appropriate resourcing services. Ensure Headcount planning is robust and tracked.
- Lead allocated Submarines projects as required and Manage local components of projects and wider change programmes.
- Implement local level organisational change / re-design
- Support wider business/corporate and HR change programmes
- Identify gaps and improvements in local HR service provision in line with HR strategy, suggesting initiatives for the local agenda where appropriate.
- Lead within the PP team on key policy/processes where needed.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Broad HR experience. In depth knowledge of the HR function and its capability to support business objectives.
- Broad knowledge of the HR best practice across Employee Relations, Reward, Resourcing, Talent and Development, Coaching on Leadership, and Employment Law. Good knowledge of relevant local laws and compliance requirements.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills. Strong customer service orientation.
- Broad change management skill set combined with ability to apply project management principles to deliver and support organisational change.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.