Nuclear Safety Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Design Authority (DA), as part of the licensee organisation, is responsible for developing the nuclear safety case and maintaining its integrity throughout the full lifecycle of the nuclear power plant. If you join as a Safety Case Engineer working in a new build Design Authority (HPC or SZC), you will:
- Play an important role in the development and maintenance of the safety case.
- Provide technical leadership in resolving challenging issues to support the construction, commissioning and the safe operation of the Nuclear Power Plant.
- Have opportunities to gain experience and work in a variety of different aspects of the safety case from developing the main Safety Report through to safety justifications to support modifications.
- Be supported by and need to engage with a variety of disciplines within the wider organisation, while also working with OEM designers/suppliers and internal/external regulators.
- Be responsible for maintenance of the safety cases supporting normal operations and fault scenarios during the generation and defueling phases of operation.
- Provide technical leadership to define and deliver safety case requirements to ensure compliance within a regulated environment.
- Have opportunities to develop skills across a wide range of technical and plant engineering disciplines, through completion of planned work and providing support to address emergent challenges.
- Degree qualified Engineer (in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline)
- Knowledge of Safety Requirements in the Nuclear sector, Experience in a relevant position such (preferably from a highly regulated industry)
- The ability to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels
- Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams
- Able to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly
- Take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics
- Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics.
- Your background may include some of the following: Knowledge of the EPR design or other PWR designs, Knowledge of Fault Studies and PSA topics, Leadership skills, French communication would be advantageous.
- A motivated, self-starting, dynamic individual who is able to work with multiple disciplines and organisational levels to drive the development and maintenance of the safety case;
- Someone who is able to understand the bigger picture, have the ability distil a range of source data and analysis to define, scope and strategically plan the delivery of the safety case;
- The ability to understand a broad range of technical analysis, identify and lead pragmatic solutions as well as challenge current strategies and integrate technical knowledge into clear, concise and coherent information;
- Someone who thrives in working in high profile, dynamic, time critical projects with the ability to identify and focus on resolving key issues and able to hold a technical position in a challenging environment;
- Someone with excellent organisation skills, who can work autonomously and works well in teams.
In both the reactor and fuel route safety case areas we are keen for people with experience and/or a desire to develop in disciplines such as hazards (internal/external), structural integrity, mechanical and general plant.
There is a comprehensive Safety Case Engineer/Case Officer and technical training programme as well as Behaviour-led Technical Leadership training available to help you bridge knowledge gaps to support your growth.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.