Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for an experienced NPI Manufacturing Engineer to work on our customers site in Derby on a long term 18-month contract basis.
Job title: NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Raynesway, Derby
Sector: Nuclear and Defence
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: June 2023
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella - INSIDE IR35
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are in full compliance to Health, Safety & Environmental Standards and meet the expectations of the Zero Harm programme.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are capable of achieving and sustaining the design intent, and that processes are followed so that our products and those of our suppliers conform to their specification. Rigorously raise, investigate and resolve safety related issues.
- Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes, digital systems and technologies to meet current or future requirements.
- Plan and manage activities including schedule, resources and costs, gaining buy-off and communicating current status to relevant stakeholders. Ensure issues and risks are resolved to meet project timescales.
- Develop, implement, validate, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes, digital systems and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continue to meet requirements for safety, quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time. Capture, analyse and use data to demonstrate and improve the current and future capability of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for self development to meet the required competencies for the role. Continuously seek to expand knowledge and experience to increase effectiveness in undertaking existing and new activities. Provides coaching and technical support to others within their area of competence.
What we are looking for in applications:
- Professionally Qualified Engineer (e.g. UK minimum HND/foundation degree or other national equivalent)
- Recognised national or international engineering accreditation (e.g. UK IEng or CEng) where available
- General understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to their business
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools relevant to the business
- Understanding of Manufacturing Engineering processes relevant to their role
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman