Nondestructive Testing Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
Assystem in Türkiye, is renowned for working with the public and private sectors. Specializing in ESIA studies, site investigations, and laboratory research, the company offers vital site supervision owners and lenders engineering services. Notably, Assystem in Türkiye plays a pivotal role in major projects like power generation, and the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
Welding & NDT Inspector is in charge of performing predefined checks regarding the conformity of welding and NDT works concerning essentially concrete reinforcements, embedded items, steel liners, etc. during the construction phase, and steel supports, pipelines, equipment fixing, etc. during the installation phase.
- Ensure that the welding and NDT works inspected are compliant with regulatory and technical requirements according to the Turkish law 30024
- Ensure the traceability of the inspections performed, of the defaults and deviations observed and of the non-conformities issued
- Verify the defaults, deviations or non-conformities are properly corrected
- Ensure his/her inspection activities are performed in a safely manner
- Take knowledge of Akkuyu NPP Project referential (norms and standards, specifications, procedures, etc.) related to the welding and NDT works to be inspected
- Review, surveillance, monitoring NDT inspections in accordance with approved procedures in one or more of the following methods: VT, UT, RT, LT, PT and MT
- Review and comment the execution documentation (technical drawings, quality plans …) related to the works to be inspected
- Prepare the inspection on site by identifying the elementary checks to be carried out, considering the requirements defined by the Turkish law 30024
- Conduct the inspection on site in order to verify the compliance of the mechanical and welding works executed with the execution documentation and applicable norms and standards
- Elaborate the Work Inspection Report in order to keep record of the content and the results of the inspection performed on site
- Describe and record the defaults or deviations observed during the inspection and follow-up their resolution
- Perform an assessment on the defaults and deviations recorded, and when decided, describe and write a non-conformity notification, then monitor the corresponding corrective and preventive actions
- Launch when necessary independent tests on samples (i.e. welded elements), to be performed by accredited laboratories and follow up the results
- Respect the existing AEOS NCIO project Quality Assurance processes and HSE requirements
- Contribute to the elaboration of the AEOS NCIO Project Monthly Report, by providing information on inspection activities carried out during the month
- Attend, on request, internal or external technical meetings
- Valid certifications in non-destructive testing methods from VT, UT, RT, LT, PT and MT according to GOST R50.05.11-2018
- Driving license mandatory
- Flexibility in working time due to construction site necessities
- 3 years in inspection and/or in quality assurance/quality control in mechanical and welding engineering
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in mechanical and welding engineering
- Experience in construction or industrial projects
- Experience in a Russian construction project
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.