- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- Nr Glasgow
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Role: NEC Supervisor
Contract: Permanent or Contractor considered
Location: Scotland Hybrid (Mix of office and home working)
The duties are arranged over various stages of design and construction and could include Preliminary Design, Technical Design, Construction, Handover and Completion.
Specific duties are as follows:
- Forming a full understanding of the scope and if requested, assisting in establishing any further scope
- Attending all relevant project, design and client meetings
- Issuing communications as per the requirements of the NEC4 contractReplying to communications within the period for reply stated within the contract
- Assisting the PM together with the QS in analysing compensation events.
- Providing advice to the PM in the event of any dispute in relation to the design, supply, manufacture and installation of the works
- Being responsible for ensuring that the installation is carried out in accordance with the scope
- Ensure that the contractor satisfies the quality standards set in the scope
- Monitoring site activity through regular site visits and inspections to confirm work is carried out in accordance with the scope
- Providing written reports to the PM throughout the project as to whether the contractor complies with the scope
- Maintaining accurate records of daily site activities, conditions and resources
- Completing a detailed weekly site report, coordinating input from other team members as required
- Assisting in the resolution of queries arising on site to ensure that work proceeds in an effective and professional manner
- Witnessing of testing and commissioning activityChecking that the quality plan for the project is being observed, and that quality audits are carried out as programmed and defects are dealt with properly
- Informing the PM of defects and issuing the relevant notices
- Assisting with inspections following completion to monitor the correction of defects and reporting on the progress to the PM
- Making recommendations as to whether or not defects have been adequately corrected by the contractor
- Issuing the Defects Certificate at the later of the defects date and the last defect correction period.
- Examining copies of record drawings provided by the contractors
Person Spec – Experience & Attributes
- Desirable experience of working in regulated industries within a complex stakeholder environment
- Good working knowledge of the NEC3/4 engineering and construction contract would be beneficial but not essential
- A formal NEC Supervisor qualification would be highly desirable.
- PM experience with a construction bias ideally including a sound understanding of construction methods
- Confident in the use of digital systems to access project information, record defects and generate reports.
- Commitment to service excellence and delivering to agreed quality standard Collaborative attitude
Due to the nature of this role we will require the successful candidate to be a sole British passport holder and to be able to acquire Security Clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.