MEH – Configuration Lead
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
We are excited to be recruiting for a MEH Configuration Lead to join us working on the fantastic Hinkley Point C project as a permanent Assystem employee and part of the Construction Team.
- Support the development, effective implementation, and embedment across the MEH programme of the project’s End-to-End Configuration management strategy.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the development and integration of the project’s strategic management digital tools and the transition from a document centric to data centric approach, ensuring MEH Configuration Management objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate key personnel across the MEH Functions supporting an integrated digital tool set, interfacing with NNB digital in tool development and enhancements.
- Develop suitable reporting tools to provide the MEH leadership and other stakeholders with clear and concise reporting of the MEH Configuration Management capabilities, associated risks, opportunities, and action plans.
- Support the development of production planning processes and the associated digital tools, defining how the Life-Time Quality Records (LTQR) would interface with the digital systems.
- Support to commissioning and operations in the development of their processes, Hand Over requirements at a system level through the End of Manufacturing Status Report.
- Establish and maintain a mapping of the configuration of all MEH item types (by discipline) through the 3 configuration states across the full project lifecycle.
- Interface with Civil, Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) Equipment, DMIC contracts, Plant Intergration, Commissioning and Operations to ensure the MEH programme maintains Project level Reference Configuration status and consistency.
- Support the training and development of MEH staff, and the awareness of best practice and core Configuration Management principles and disciplines.
- Support the development of the MEH Configuration Management Plan.
- Own the development of the digital tools controlling configuration management, working closely with the MEH Configuration Change Lead.
- Own and execute Configuration Management Improvement Plans (CMIP) supporting continuous improvement.
- Support the project in the strategic development and transition from a document centric to data centric delivery model, supporting the needs of the project digital tools.
Essential skills & experience:
- Experienced in End-to-End Configuration management from strategy development, through detailed designed and execution design, manufacturing, construction / installation and handover to commissioning / operations.
- Experienced in the production and execution of Configuration Management Plans (CMP) covering large scale / complex multi-disciplined new build projects (Nuclear desirable)
- Meticulous and rigorous approach to engineering to achieve high professional standards.
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work autonomously but with awareness of own limitations.
- Knowledge of contractual and commercial mechanisms
Desirable skills & experience:
- Degree in engineering (desirable).
- Charted / Incorporated Engineer with relevant engineering institute or working towards Charted / Incorporated status.
- Detailed understanding of PWR design and experience in PWR operations advantageous but not essential.
- Experience in the use of digital tools including, Teamcenter, Dassault 3DS , Enterprise Asset Management (desirable).
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations (desirable).
- Fluent English required: writing technical documents and daily exchanges in English
- French language skills would be an advantage
The candidate must also have behavioural skills to interact with the customer and suppliers.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.