Mechanical Technical Lead Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Mechanical Lead will be based on site at Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant, and is responsible for the proper organization and performance of all mechanical and welding inspections performed by the AEOS Mechanical Inspection Team of which they will ensure the local operational management. The successful candidate ensures that the methodologies of mechanical and welding inspection are correctly defined and implemented, that the resources are efficiently assigned and coordinated, and that the deliverables expected from the mechanical and welding inspection are produced in due time and with required quality.
- Ensure operational management and supervision of AEOS Mechanical Inspection Team
- Ensure all mechanical and welding inspection activities are properly performed and delivered within the framework of the contract and the construction schedule and in compliance with Turkish Regulation 30024
- Be in charge of assigning the adequate resources to the mechanical and welding inspection activities
- Be responsible for the production on time and on quality of all inspection outputs, reports and findings produced by his/her team, including monitoring and traceability
- Ensure interactions between AEOS Mechanical Inspection Team and the Client, the subcontractors, the Turkish Nuclear Authority are properly managed
- Ensure quality assurance awareness and safety culture are effectively implemented into his/her inspection team
- Experience in inspection, quality assurance or quality control in mechanical or welding activities
- Experience in mechanical or welding in construction or industrial projects
- Experience in construction or industrial projects
- Experience in technical coordination or management
- Experience in a nuclear project would be beneficial
- Leadership, ability to manage a team (5 to 30 people)
- Ability to communicate in a multicultural environment
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and come up with quick and efficient solutions
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle high pressure environment
- Time and priority management
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of general norms and mechanical standards, including:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Assurance
- ISO 17020 – Inspection
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement due to the language used on project
- Graduate diploma in mechanical field or equivalent
- Qualification as Mechanical Inspector must be demonstrated by CV and evidence documents
- Certification in Welding Inspection and Control would be an advantage
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter! Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.