Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Location: Bristol / Hybrid
Do you have aspirations to work in one of the most exciting, challenging and forward-looking projects in the construction and energy industry? Are you looking for a role which can offer you the stability and confidence that you will be an important and valued member for an organisation with over 50 years of experience providing engineering services? Assystem, the second largest nuclear engineering company in the World, are expanding rapidly in the UK, and with the ever-growing need for energy transition, you can be a part of the continuous effort towards decarbonisation.
The project at Hinkley Point C (HPC) in Somerset is the first of its kind in the UK in over 20 years and one of the biggest construction projects globally. If you have experience in the nuclear sector, then that’s great, but by no means is it essential. We are looking for people who are ambitious and looking to be part of something great.
The Mechanical Lead Engineer will be responsible for the management of one or multiple design contracts. You will be ultimately responsible for all aspects of the contract, from ensuring that the technical specifications are adhered to by the contract holder, to ensuring the contracts runs to the planned schedule, cost and quality.
- Supporting the delivery of nuclear power plant operating equipment to the client, from external suppliers, through the following activities:
- Manage engineering teams to plan and perform surveillance and approval of contractor deliverables and design activities.
- Lead contract technical and project meetings
- Resolution activities for multi-disciplinary technical issues and queries, including input to/ownership of resolving technical Open Points (OP), interface queries and Design Changes (UKDC).
- Management of technical specialists to provide expert inputs, reviews and technical issue resolutions.
- Review and approve contract amendments and exemptions (CTSs, ERs)
- Liaise with RD and client teams to ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions/systems/structures.
- Liaise with RD and client management teams to communicate progress, risks, issues and planning to support contract delivery.
- Awareness of contract commercial structures and working practices, including supplier management.
- Task, resource and budget planning.
- Provide leadership to engineering teams and engineering decision making activities, including consideration of commercial requirements and supplier/client relationships.
- Experienced in the design of nuclear waste processing systems
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (anchorages, civil work, piping, fluids, radioprotection, safety, systems engineering)
- Capable of producing technical specifications
- Sound understanding of nuclear processing regulations
- Experience of equipment supply contracts and contract forms such as NEC/FIDIC.
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Procurement & Contract Management Expert