Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
On behalf of Rolls Royce, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a number of Fitters to work at the Rolls Royce site in Derby.
Role title – Fitter
Contract duration – 12 months
Contract type – PAYE via Umbrella – INSIDE IR35
Hours – 37 hours, Split between Nights, Afters + Days (overtime achievable)
Location – Rolls Royce (Raynesway)
Key accountabilities will include:
- General fitting experience, use of surface grinders, pedestal drills, windy gun dressing.
- Interpretation of manufacturing drawings, customer drawings and written specifications.
- A willingness to learn new skills and processes, undertaking training where necessary.
- Awareness of HS&E requirements.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Experienced Fitter
- Level 3 qualification in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Experience in Defense (Desirable) Aerospace Industry
- Understand and interpret technical drawings and work instructions.
- Capable of managing time/resource effectively. A flexible-working attitude to taking on other tasks/activities when required.
- Good communication skills.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Support Engineer (STP & Sewerage)-Mechanical
Internal Finance Auditor