Mechanical Engineer (NSSS)
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As a Nuclear Steam Supply Systems (NSSS) Mechanical Engineer, you’ll play a key role in the development of Hinkley Point C, the first nuclear power station of its kind in the UK in over 20 years. You’ll contribute to one of the largest construction projects globally and help accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the review and acceptance of engineering queries raised by the site Contractor mainly within the Nuclear Steam Supply System (NSSS) scope in the Reactor Building.
- Respond to General Queries, Non-Conformances, Change Requests, and Exemption Requests originating from the NSSS Contractor on site, with the support of the Responsible Designer or site Experts when needed.
- Provide oversight to ensure Nuclear Safety requirements are met and contribute to the resolution and closure of Open Points.
- Assess technical risk and subsequently address this risk.
- Report operationally to an Engineering Lead.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have proven experience in UK or EU regulations. We can not consider applicants unless there is evidence of this.
- Proven experience as a Mechanical Engineer, ideally within a nuclear power plant setting or similar high-risk industry.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to engineering queries, non-conformances, and change requests efficiently and effectively.
- In-depth understanding of Nuclear Safety requirements and experience in risk assessment and mitigation is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to liaise with various teams including Contractors, Construction, Quality, Project Management, and Design teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an ability to contribute to the resolution and closure of Open Points.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license would be advantageous.
- Certification or training in nuclear safety and regulations would also be desired
Join us at Assystem to play an essential role in the global energy transition and help us shape the future of nuclear power.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.