MEH – Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
We are excited to be recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join us working on the fantastic Hinkley Point C project as a permanent Assystem employee and part of the Construction Team.
- Anticipate operational constraints to and prepare mechanical activities,
- Deal with mechanical issues linked with installation,
- Help, if necessary, on the other subjects of the construction scope,
- Along with the services provided to the Client, develop Assystem knowledge on EPR erection activities, and feedback with OPEX in view of future projects.
- Optimize the preparation of mechanical (piping, equipment’s installation) activities and secure the respect of technical/safety requirements. the reliability/reduction of open point and the identification of associated weaknesses in order to limit the occurrence of issues and ultimately a reduction in schedule impacts and costs.
- Reviewing surveillance plans in accordance with policy and project documentation
- Manage the supervision of the installation and ensure compliance to UK regulations
- Monitor progress on technical documentation approval status and prioritise work based on this
- Engage with stakeholders to support delivery of activities and ensure compliance to UK regulations
- Ensure that project policies, processes and contracts are implemented and delivered to the right quality
- Coordinate and support the conformity assessment process.
- Produce periodic progress reports
- Develop strong working relationships within HPC, regulators and the supply chain.
- Advise projects and programmes on technical requirements and act as the technical decision maker
- A background in preparation and realization of installation of piping and mechanical equipment
- A strong technical interest, particularly in the field of construction or maintenance of industrial installations is required for this position.
- A mastery of computer tools is essential: manipulation of massive data under Excel, ability to evolve in CAD/CAD environments, 3D model, 3D viewer
- A degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work on own autonomy.
- Ability to translate field operational experience and integrate OPEX
- Experience in nuclear would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Fluent English required: writing technical documents and daily exchanges in English
- French language skills would be an advantage
The candidate must also have behavioural skills to interact with the customer and suppliers.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Developing self and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.