Mechanical Engineer – Cranes
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Responsible for the professional production of any mechanical engineering output.
- Awareness of health and safety aspects in mechanical engineering in relation to the nuclear industry.
- Should produce documentation that is accurate, professionally formatted and presentable.
- Able to demonstrate an awareness of common manufacturing and installation processes.
- Aware of relevant standards, regulations, codes and directives that apply to the project.
- Should demonstrate a competence in the common software tools used to produce the required engineering.
- Formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements customer requirements
- Demonstrable experience on the design of specific equipment such as cranes, lifting, shielding doors or handling systems and mechanical components.
- Shall be able to work independently within clearly defined boundaries.
- Produce high quality engineering outputs relating to their specific area of expertise or knowledge.
- Shall demonstrate a good knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals. Shall demonstrate application of mechanical engineering knowledge with guidance from team members. Shall be able to check team members’ work.
- Should manage the allocation of work and provide supervision to single-discipline technical teams in the execution of a work packages
- Should have a basic understanding of delegation, motivation, communication, object setting, dealing with people and teamwork.
- Should have completed a relevant and recognised Degree OR evidence of HNC / HND (or similar) with substantial experience.
- Alternatively completion of a relevant and recognised:
- – Apprenticeship OR
- – Graduate Scheme OR
- – Industrial experience via alternative routes.
- Should be a member of a relevant professional institution – typically the IMechE or IED.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.