- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work at our customers site in Warrington on a contract basis.
The role of Mechanical Engineer will be to complete design and manufacturing documentation of mechanical equipment as well structural supports.
- Job title: Mechanical Engineer
- Contract length: 12 months
- Location: Warrington Hybrid role with 3 days in the office per week
- Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake design calculations in accordance with pressure vessel codes (e.g. ASME) and structural codes (Eurocode 3);
- Generate, evaluate and select the most appropriate design based on cost whilst ensuring that they’re appropriate for use and complaint with any space constraints, customer and UK regulatory specifications;
- Work with the Computer Aided Design (CAD) team and suppliers to produce engineering drawings;
- Produce/update equipment specifications;
- Present designs at internal Technical Reviews;
- Complete work in accordance with the Quality Management System;
- Work with supply chains to realise designs and to manage and implement customer variations;
- Training will be provided for the successful candidate to fulfil the responsibilities listed above where gaps are identified.
- Experienced with using and understanding the requirements of any of the following codes ASME VIII, EN13445, Eurocode 3 and BS EN 1090;
- Knowledge of the design code RCC-M or ASME III is preferable but not essential;
- General knowledge of FEA is preferable but not essential;
- Able to plan their work effectively;
- Sufficient knowledge of standard steelwork components e.g. materials, profiles, strength, joint designs etc. and how they should be used to maintain compliance to the design codes above;
- Practical knowledge of on-site installation would be advantageous, including Erection Instructions and Operation and Maintenance Manuals;
- Good working knowledge of tolerances;
- Ideally experienced with the application of CE (and/or UKCA) marking equipment to ensure that proposed designs are fully compliant;
- Able to work closely and communicate effectively with project team members.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.