Mechanical Design Engineer – Commissioning
- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible to provide commissioning design support activities at facilities in CEA Valduc, France.
This will involve exercising due governance and management to meet the project specifications, requirements and acceptance criteria defined within the project verification, validation and requirements matrix in compliance with the Quality Management System, Project Delivery processes and procedures whilst organising and managing and undertaking the commissioning activities.
- Accountable for the delivery of the mechanical design information on the mechanical systems during the commissioning stage / requirements of the project.
- Accountable for ensuring that all standards, procedures, drawing information, work instructions, setting to work documentation has underpinning and are in readiness for commissioning to adhered to.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a committed team player.
- Capable and able, to work and support a shift pattern coverage team.
- Prepare (co-ordinate) commissioning documents, consolidate workpacks as defined within the project scope.
- Manage and conduct hands on “red line mark ups and then “black line” to as built design intent, information such as P&IDs, PFDs, component / subassembly drawings information during the commissioning of all mechanical systems, that fall within the project scope to meet the HRR and End User Requirements.
- Manage and product snag listings on behalf of the commissioning team and support close out activities.
- Ensure commissioning drawing procedures are adhered to and signed off with full and accurate records of the test results recorded onto the project electronic management system.
- You may be required to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs as defined by the Commissioning Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills:
- Have experience and knowledge of mechanical aspects of systems commissioning including experience of gas, fluid, vacuum and mechanical handling equipment.
- To have “hands on” experience of commissioning with defect repair and maintenance and make safe, capabilities of mechanical systems.
- Have has experienced in conducting or partition of factory acceptance testing with UK and international suppliers, and vetting, production and approval of prescribed documentation.
- Understanding of Design Engineering, Construction and Handover processes.
- To be well organised and have a methodical approach to document control.
- Have a high level of understanding of Health and Safety.
- Good communication skills, with limited knowledge of the technical French, language (desirable)
- Good People and process management skills.
- Needs a good understanding of HSWA, CDM, risk assessments.
- Understanding of Safety Functional Requirements and Safety Justifications.
- A capability to adopt clients commissioning, quality and handover processes.
- To have had practical commissioning experience.
Location: CEA Valduc, France 3 weeks (onsite), 1 week leave.
Hours: Up to 50 hours per week
Contract: Outside IR35
- DV Clearance desirable or able to apply from SC status as a minimum, UK national.
- Will be able to attain or hold a CSCS card or equivalent.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.