Mechanical Components Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as the Technical Engineering Lead, and will be responsible for accepting the design submitted by each supplier, resolving any technical issues or exemptions raised with the Responsible Designer and Supplier, and making sure compliance with the Safety Case is maintained.
An important part of this role will be fulfilled through Technical Review and Acceptance of engineering documentation received from designers and suppliers.
This role will provide the opportunity to develop in depth knowledge EPR design and operation, and the opportunity to work in a fast-paced project environment.
Principal Accountabilities :
- Act as the single point of contact for designated scope providing technical support to the Programme team (who are responsible for delivery of the product) to ensure a safe, constructible and fit for purpose design is delivered
- Perform technical review and acceptance of design documentation produced by designers and suppliers of equipment
- Maintain oversight to ensure safety case requirements are captured in the design and the ‘golden thread’ can be clearly traced
- Manage technical issues to enable the delivery of pragmatic solutions, challenging where appropriate
- Ensure that plant satisfy design requirements to relevant codes and standards
- Provide technical support to more junior engineers within the team.
- Provide technical input into the management of risks and opportunities
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including managing interactions with the ONR
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience :
- Degree or equivalent in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Chartered engineering status would be desirable
- Knowledge of the principles of Safety Case requirements and how these are discharged through the project life cycle
- Knowledge of equipment design and manufacture
- Understanding of Nuclear Power Station design; PWR or EPR experience would be an advantage
- Experience with CDM regulations and UK legislative requirements
- Experience with contractual aspects of a project environment.
- Motivated, self-driven and delivery focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong technical competencies and rigour
- Ability to build successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly with multicultural teams
Regular travels in Gloucester & Bristol needs to be considered.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.