Manufacturing Surveillance Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Activities to be carried out as part of the service:
Drafting of the Surveillance Offers related to the contracts for which UKMC (UK Manufacturing Control) has been mandated to perform the manufacturing surveillance: taking part in joint risk analysis with the client’s project and quality teams, the provided service will make prescriptions of mitigation actions in terms of surveillance activities, regarding:
- manufacturing documentation
- manufacturing operations in-factory
Performing the technical review and acceptance of the manufacturing documents issued by the suppliers:
- Technical manufacturing procedures, specifications, welding documents (qualifications, procedures), procedures for NDT, coating, cleaning, packing…
- The manufacturing Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs)
- Exemption requests, technical queries, clarifications…
These activities lead to an official technical position that is produced by the Equipment Engineer.
- Responsible of providing a final assessment regarding the equipment in the Clearance Notes (which purpose are to report to client whether the surveillance and inspections carried out on the components and equipment are in accordance with their associated Offers and highlights the gaps if any).
- Responsible of the capitalization of OPEX regarding manufacturing issues.
- Contributing to manufacturing kick-off meetings.
- Providing some technical support to inspectors.
The scope of intervention of this service is mostly the following:
- Piping pre-fabrication (bending, welding, testing, coating/cleaning, packing),
- Pipe supports,
- Steelworks (part of civil works), on nuclear island, conventional island, and balance of plant of nuclear power plants
Essential technical skills:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering discipline (5+ year experience, Chartered engineer, MSc or equivalent): mechanical and/or materials engineering
- Recognized advanced welding diploma/certificate (International Welding Engineer, CWS or equivalent)
- Very good knowledge of regulations, codes and standards related to the manufacturing of steel components (and preferably in the nuclear industry): RCC-M, ISO 13480, ISO 15614..
- Good knowledge of Non-Destuctive Testing: preferably level II (PCN or equivalent) in PT/MT/RT
- Knowledge of surface treatments: coating, pickling, passivation
Must be fluent in French
- Experience in documentation review for manufacturing of mechanical equipment: at least 2 years
- Experience in the nuclear field: at least 2 years
Other required skills:
- Good self-organization of work and the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously
- Good writing skills
- Ability to manage the interactions with a multi-disciplinary team
- Committed to deliver to quality and schedule
- Ability to cope in a technically complex and fast-changing environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure, thinking clearly and objectively
- Enjoys a challenging technical environment with multiple and urgent demands
- Rigorous, serious, and highly committed
- Able to work as part of a team
- Keen to meet with suppliers and to go on the field
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.