Lead Process Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Lead Process Engineer
Warrington / Whitehaven
Permanent / Contract (Inside IR35)
Support to the Responsible Engineer (RE) in the production of design deliverables (Study, Front End Design, Detail). Support and process engineering input to other discipline and plant/engineering discussions and asset investigations.
The role will support a Responsible Engineer (RE).
Experience of the following is desirable:
- Regulations & Assessments (COMAH, DSEAR, COSHH)
- Front End Design/Studies & Feasibility Assessments
- Project Review & Due Diligence
- Operating Philosophies & Operational Modelling
- Environmental and Nuclear Waste Management (including ALARP/BAT studies),
- Nuclear Safety and Structured Hazard Management Processes
- Production of engineering drawings, Basis of Design/Control, Instrument Process Data Sheets, Process Data Sheets, Equipment Design & Sizing Calculations, S&IDD etc
This role requires interface with an Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
- Degree qualified Process Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- Relevant experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in engineering reviews and due diligence
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages
- Good proficiency in Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Visio, Power point, Outlook, etc).
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.