Lead Planning Engineer
- Fixed-Term Contract /
- Al Khobar
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
- Acts as Planning focal point for all planning activities in the Design Unit
- Review and maintain planning control structures are developed and maintained in alignment with
- approved project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Review and maintain baseline project plans and schedules using appropriate scheduling software.
- Monitor and control planning activities through all phases of project lifecycle
- Liaise with the project team, and others as required, including third parties, to maintain awareness of project activities, their status, and their impact on the project schedule and manpower requirements.
- Analyse and issue copies of project plans and schedules in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Analyse and issue copies of project progress and performance status reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Review and analyse updates to project plans and schedules
- Review and analyse updates to project manpower requirements
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of change notifications
- Monitor overall project progress status, achievement of major milestones, and evaluate project
- performance in relation to planned performance.
- Attend internal project progress and performance status meetings as required
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of man-hour budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in schedule risk analysis as required
- Lead and participate in Project Controls Compliance and Continuous Improvement Reviews
- Play a key role in the mentoring and career development of Planning personnel
- Lead project controls systems roll out activities
- Administrator for project controls systems
Accountable for ensuring that:
- Project schedules are maintained in accordance with approved contract and project Work Breakdown Structure.
- Project plans and schedules are issued in accordance with contract reporting calendar and on an as required basis.
- All project schedules are fully logic linked and show the critical path and total float for all activities.
- The project schedule is baselined at the time of approval by the client of funding for the project.
- All project schedules contain resources in accordance with the corporate standards
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera and other scheduling software and related tools and techniques including Logic and CPM analysis, resource loading and levelling
- Advanced knowledge of Project Execution Procedures for Scheduling
- Advanced understanding of WBS & CBS structures and project reporting capabilities
- Advanced ability to develop project schedules and plans
- Advanced ability to prepare resource loading, progress and staffing plans
- Excellent understanding of earned value application, cost and schedule variance analyses/trending and what-if scenarios
- Advanced understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Strong understanding of Cost Management, Change Control, Planning & Risk Analysis & Management
- Significant prior experience in a Lead or Senior planning role
- People management experience
- Engineering degree
- Oracle / Primavera certifications desirable
- PMI desirable
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.