- Contracting / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Lead Planner to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
As a Lead Planner you will maintain schedule(s) for the assigned work scope in line with the Submarines monthly planning cycle, whilst being responsible for the creation and management of Control Account Schedules (CAS) that reflect the work required to deliver the customer or business requirements. You will be acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all planning & scheduling methodology and processes adopted within the assigned team
Job title: Lead Planner
Contract length: 16-12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide planning process support / governance and guidance to the wider delivery team and those developing level 3 plans to support work packages.
- Accountable for identifying schedule impact issues within the CAS and proactively pursue solutions within the baseline boundaries of quality, cost, and time. Also understanding any impacts to internal and external deliverables or dependencies.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) and its associated processes, with ability to interpret EVM data and reports.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Techniques (EVTs) to enable accurate cost profiling and appropriate performance reporting.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to Planners across the business
Who we are looking for:
- Project Planning and Controls (PPC), or the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) desirable
- Demonstratable experience within a similar position/entry level qualification (HNC or Foundation Degree) desirable.
- Experience of developing schedules within a complex environment
- A willingness to become an associate or full member of the APM
- Strong knowledge and skills of scheduling software (Primavera P6) and subsequent functionality.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.