Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Warrington / Whitehaven
Staff / Contract (Inside IR35)
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer you will:-
Provide support to the Responsible Engineer (RE) in the production of design deliverables (Study, Front End Design, Detail). Support and mechanical engineering input to other discipline and plant/engineering discussions and asset investigations.
This role requires interface with an Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
Experienced in leading multi-disciplinary design teams and with experience in design engineering substantiation in a highly regulated industry.
- The role requires proven experience in creating a successful technical client relationship and the ability to define budgets/work programmes for complete project lifecycles e.g. requirements capture, concept design, detailed design, manufacture, site installation.
- Additionally it requires capability to deliver work in area of expertise and production of high quality design documentation
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- Experience working within a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in the design of standby power generation systems including diesel generators, pumping and auxiliary storage systems
- Familiar with a range of available technologies and techniques for emergency electrical generation
- Experience in engineering reviews and due diligence
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences
- Ability to demonstrate competence in a design role
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
Hybrid Office / Home working arrangement
Some site travel may be required.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.