Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Your team leadership experience is valued, and it will contribute to the success of our collaborative and technically adept engineering team. We invite passionate and skilled engineers to join us in shaping innovative solutions for challenging projects.
Key Aspects of the Job Role:
- Leadership Impact:
Lead and guide a dynamic team, shaping the success of projects related to the design of mechanical services within a nuclear-licensed site.
Exercise strong leadership skills to ensure the team’s cohesion and effective project delivery.
- Regulatory Expertise:
Navigate and adhere to stringent regulatory requirements within the nuclear industry, demonstrating a keen understanding of safety standards and compliance.
- Innovative Solutions:
Drive innovation in piped services design, exploring and implementing new technologies and methodologies to enhance efficiency, safety, and overall project success.
- Client Engagement:
Act as a key point of contact for clients, fostering and maintaining strong relationships.
Represent the organisation in a client-facing capacity, contributing to its reputation for excellence in service delivery.
- Cross-Disciplinary Collaboration:
Work collaboratively with professionals from various disciplines, fostering an environment of interdisciplinary collaboration and shared expertise.
- Project Complexity:
Tackle projects of high complexity, demonstrating problem-solving skills and addressing challenges inherent in the design of piped services for nuclear-licensed sites.
- Career Enrichment:
Access opportunities for career enrichment, including exposure to diverse projects, specialized training, and the chance to broaden one’s skill set within the dynamic field of mechanical engineering.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong leadership skills
- Focus on delivering quality on time and within budget
- Act with integrity and instill this value in others
- Appreciation of wider technical issues beyond own discipline
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Experienced in working within multi-disciplinary design teams
- Design engineering substantiation in a highly regulated industry
- Proven experience in creating successful technical client relationships
- Capability to deliver work in the area of expertise
- Educated to degree level as a minimum
- Ability to define budgets/work programs for complete project lifecycles
- Production of high-quality design documentation
- UK National with SC Clearance
- Pipework design experience
- Fluid dynamics experience, including HVAC for water and air systems
- In-depth knowledge of British and American pipework design codes
- Knowledge of BIM and LOD100 to LOD 400
- Knowledge of Safety Functional Requirements and their Substantiation
- Civil engineering or Process engineering experience
- Nuclear industry experience
- On-site assessments and surveys experience
- Project management experience
- Requirements management experience
- Lifting and handling equipment experience
- Construction management experience
- Familiarity with current EU regulations (e.g., PED, CDM, Machinery Directive)
- Specification writing skills
- Proficiency in draughting software such as AutoCad, Inventor
- MathCad software knowledge
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) or working towards CEng
Location: Sunderland or Glasgow Office
- Permanent Staff Position
- Hybrid working
- SC Clearance required, BPSS to start
- Sole UK National
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.