Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
Lead Geosciences Engineer for Site Characterization in the UK
Hybrid role – Central London/multiple locations
Schofield Lothian have been providing specialised construction industry consultancy services since 1979, delivering sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Commercial Management; Project Management; Consents & Engagement and Environmental Services.
The company has forged an excellent reputation within the transport & infrastructure market sectors and has developed relationships with, and worked for, a wide array of industry clients.
In an exciting development, Schofield Lothian and Assystem have combined their strengths with the intention of providing a comprehensive range of services and solutions globally in various geographies. Schofield Lothian combining their focused knowledge and experience of the Transportation and Infrastructure sectors with Assystem’s long history in the provision of design & project management, delivery of environmental and social impact assessments, environmental consultancy and monitoring, site characterization, construction supervision and digital transformation services – particularly within the nuclear, defence sectors and major masterplan developments.
The Engineering Department is looking for a Lead Geosciences Engineer to be a technical expert within the Assystem global site characterization team, providing siting services to our clients, and to manage to meet the agreed aims and objectives in terms of deliverables, time, cost and quality.
Tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on the client and the nature and stage of the project being worked on. It may be required to work on multiple projects and with multiple clients simultaneously. The role requires travel to other Assytem offices and sites up to 40% of time.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Cross-project coordination and management of geological, geophysical, geotechnical, hydrological, hydrogeological surveys for site characterization of nuclear, renewable and transportation projects.
- Subject-matter expertise within the organization for geological, geophysical, geotechnical and other site investigation activities for Assystem’s global portfolio for nuclear, renewable and transportation projects.
- Support to multiple projects in different phases of development and execution, including strategic input to scoping of site investigation campaigns, design/installation planning.
- Ensure the quality level of the site data collection and deliverables in the projects.
- Support to Assystem Business Development team in tender processes, evaluation of suppliers and contract negotiation.
- Local interface of UK site characterization activities
- Helping Site Characterization global team in interpretation of factual data
- Time schedule, budget control and interdisciplinary coordination for site investigation and data interpretation activities.
- Coordinate external resources related to site investigations, including suppliers, consultants, contractors and others.
- Contribute to the identification and management of technical risks, issues and impacts
- Secure lessons learned feedback from projects.
Skills and experience:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience covering the site investigations responsibilities described above, preferably in nuclear
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in geological, geophysics, geotechnical, hydrological, hydrogeological or civil engineering. Having a PhD is an asset
- Site experience is a plus
- Technical leadership and project management
- On-site experience is a plus
- Experience in delivering complex technical scopes in development phase
- Experience with working in global teams
- Strong communicator and comfortable working with little structure and oversight
- Fluent in English – being an English native speaker is an asset
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Pavement Design Engineer
Process Design Engineer