Lead Document Controller
- Permanent / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Lead Document Controller is responsible for managing and supervising all aspects of document control within the organisation. This includes overseeing the creation, distribution, tracking, and archiving of documents to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and efficient document management.
Document Control System Management:
- Implement and maintain a robust document control system or software.
- Ensure the system is user-friendly and meets the organization’s needs.
- Provide training to staff on document control procedures and the use of the system.
Document Creation and Distribution:
- Coordinate the creation, editing, and approval of documents.
- Maintain version control and ensure the correct documents are distributed to authorized personnel.
- Monitor document distribution and access permissions.
Document Tracking and Retrieval:
- Develop and maintain a systematic tracking system for documents.
- Ensure quick and accurate retrieval of documents when requested.
- Collaborate with departments to facilitate document retrieval as needed.
Quality Control and Compliance:
- Ensure all documents adhere to organizational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct regular audits to identify and rectify any document control issues.
- Assist in preparing for internal and external audits related to document control.
Document Archiving and Disposal:
- Establish document retention and disposal policies in compliance with legal and industry standards.
- Safeguard historical records and facilitate their secure storage or disposal when necessary.
- Supervise a team of document control professionals, if applicable.
- Provide guidance, training, and performance feedback to team members.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities effectively.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within document control procedures.
- Implement best practices to enhance document management efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business Administration, Information Management).
- Proven experience in document control, with prior experience in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Familiarity with document control software and systems.
- Strong organisational and attention-to-detail skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance requirements.
- Problem-solving and analytical abilities.
Security Clearance: SC, sole UK National
Hybrid working – 12 days/month in central Glasgow office
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.