- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The activities, to be carried out as part of the service, will be performed within the HPC
site engineering office (Joint Design Office) located on HPC site. The activities will
be done as part of the Layout Team. The Team is in charge of supporting the
construction of two EPR on HPC by providing the engineering supports regarding the
design of the plant.
The main activities to be carried out are:
– Assessing if the site request has layout impact.
– Assessing requests coming from site that may impact Layout;
o Gathering all needed inputs for the answer;
o Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on all disciplines and other contractors;
o Producing technical assessment and solution, with supporting justification.
- 3D models, installation tolerances, introduction notes, …
- Guaranty the design intent,
- Update deliverables produced by the RD Back-Office if needed
- Proposed 3D model (with support of CAD designer)
o Liaising with other disciplines (HVAC, Piping, Equipment and Electrical) when needed;
o Liaising with design RD Back-Offices when needed;
o Liaising with NNB construction Team and installation contractor;
o Opening the dedicated change process to launch the implementation of the impacts;
– Reporting to the Layout Team Lead achievements, progresses and difficulties
and raising alerts on any aspects of the design when identified;
– Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of packages
– Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points;
– Collect and organize the lessons learnt;
– Being part of JDO-DT Layout team, participating to Team meetings, sharing
– Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering
teams, contractors and the client.
The activities will be performed under the supervision of the Layout Team lead.
Any technical issue or deviations, any area of improvement identified and any need of
specific support to perform the activities need to be shared with Layout Team Lead, and
if needed to the Layout Discipline Lead.
– Qualified to Degree Level and several years of experience;
– Experience in previous EPR or other nuclear projects;
– Good knowledge 3D design software (Navisworks);
– Experience on 3D model visualisation for layout analysis;
– Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules;
– Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power station and the associated
safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to nuclear safety, flooding, fire,
radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.);
– Microsoft Office;
– Fluent in English
– Experience of nuclear site Engineering;
– Experience in plant layout engineering;
– Experience of UK design context and regulatory processes;
– Experience of HPC;
– Knowledge of other 3D, 2D software application;
– French speaker.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.