Key Account Manager – NDA / Decommissioning
- Permanent / Support Functions
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is a leading Global Engineering Consultancy tasked with shaping the future of the energy landscape and helping to deliver net-zero solutions.
Whether through our New Build, Decommissioning, Defence or Infrastructure business areas and partnerships, we need your talent to meet our demanding growth plans in the UK.
Join us and develop your career in a world class, inspiring & supportive environment.
Key Account Manager – Decommissioning
Permanent role: Salary and bonus
Location: Blackburn HQ or any UK office (hybrid working)
The Role: to manage the relationship with existing and new customers to achieve the order intake targets for the business. Working in our Nuclear Decommissioning business area and being the focal point for sales growth in that sector
The key accountabilities of the role are as follows:
- Accountable for ensuring all sales order targets are met.
- Update and champion CRM to reflect current account status.
- Provide opportunity forecasting and bid forecasting key figures, on a weekly basis to support pipeline analysis.
- Maintain and deliver the Key Account Plan (KAP) in consultation with the CSO and respective BMs.
- Accountable for ensuring that all strategic priority opportunities are won, as defined by CSO.
- Act as the key link between sales and strategy to focus effort at the right time to deliver the Business Plan.
- Contribute to the respective Business Unit strategic direction and planning.
- Responsible for targeting and developing new opportunities for the respective Account in line with and supporting the Capability Account Plan.
- To be the principal sales focal point for the respective accounts in association with the relevant BM’s.
Other responsibilities are as follows:
- Leads solution development efforts (winning themes etc) that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company capability.
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate all and prospective customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Act as central focal point for pre-bid submission opportunity activities (Permission to Pursue, Bid / No Bid etc).
- Act as key reviewer in gated review process (red team, pink team, black team, gold team, etc.).
- Develop long-term and sustainable business partnerships with key supply chain partner organisations and the wider Assystem Group as required.
- Account representation at key cross-company sales initiatives and ensuring regular communications with the CSO and respective senior management.
- Enlisting the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as required e.g. digital, PMO, engineering, safety etc.
- Supporting improvements in relation to internal business development processes and standards.
- You’ll have successful sales & account management (development & growth initiative planning) experience, preferably within B2B professional or engineering services, or ideally in the nuclear sector.
- You’ll be comfortable as a Line Management of Sales Engineers.
- You will have strong understanding and experience in stakeholder management (both Internally & externally) and use of influence to drive a successful outcome.
- You’ll need strong strategic and commercial awareness (ideally NEC 3 / 4), and evidence of how you have used this to develop winning strategies.
- As a natural multi-tasker you will have the ability to track and manage multiple sales opportunities.
If thjis sounds like an opportunity you’d like to discuss, then apply or get in touch
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.