IT Operations Manager
- Cross sector
- Permanent / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
This role has been created to help support the incredible growth Assystem is experiencing. Over the last few years we have grown globally as a business, diversified through acquisition and anticipate this will continue to be our mode of operation.
During this period we have maintained a tight and committed team within IT and we are now looking for an IT Operations Manager to support the increasing demands being placed on the team. If you have undertaken a team lead role this would be an ideal next step in your career.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and experience in managing IT operations in a secure environment.
The candidate will be required to work collaboratively with our global IT Lead based in Paris, and help support the global alignment of our infrastructure. The successful applicant will be based at our Blackburn office on a hybrid working basis, although other locations may also be considered.
- Manage the day to day operations within the IT department
- Handle incident management and ensure the efficient running of the service desk
- Ensure IT systems and services are secure, available and performant
- Maintain our Cyber Essentials Plus certification
- Continue with the rationalisation and improvement of overall IT footprint
- Manage and mentor the IT team
- Assist the CIO to achieve local and global IT objectives
- Oversee the development and implementation of IT policies and procedures
- Continue the development of ITIL and good governance practices
- Maintain knowledge and respond to key governmental, client, cyber and security demands
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security or other relevant discipline
- Technical knowledge relating to a Microsoft focused environment
- Technical knowledge relating to heterogeneous network infrastructure
- Proven experience in IT operations management
- Technical knowledge of managing a Digital Engineering environment
- Ability to satisfy regulatory and security requirements demanded by our clients
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Nascent leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be need to be able to attain a minimum level of UK BPSS security clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.