IT Engineer – Configuration Management
- Permanent / Digital
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Plant Integration (PI) is a team being created with staff across the UK and France. PI is part of the Technical Directorate of the NSA Consortium. Key responsibilities include coordination of the implementation of tools to support different configuration management processes across the project for the Client.
3 configuration management IT Solution are already deployed and used for SZC:
- SZ DC to support the Design Change process
- SZ OP to support the Open Point process
- SC ICM to support the Technical Interface process
2 others will be deployed in 2024:
- SZ RES to support the Referential Management process
- An IT solution to manage the configuration of HPC replication
As the Sizewell C project is ramping up in 2024, a huge activity is expected around those tools. Furthermore, as the configuration management processes will evolve in 2024, their updates need to be reflected in the IT solutions.
Key activities to be carried out as part of the service:
- Support to write business detailed needs / functional specification for evolution of the existing solution and deployment of the new ones
- Business validation / users’ acceptance test when an IT solution is upgraded or deployed
- Business administration / End users’ administration and support
- Bug reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration management processes
- Experience (min 3 years) in IT support / development team
- Ability to deal with multiple interfaces
- Organisational skills
- Communication & interpersonal skill
- Knowledge of issue/bug tracker software (MantisBT)
- Knowledge of HPC (or other EPR) project/environment
Other knowledge and technical skills
- Ability to work to and meet commitments and deadlines
- Ability to manage own time and workload • Ability to promote a questioning attitude
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.