Infrastructure Delivery Lead Engineer
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
The Site Operations Senior Infrastructure Delivery Lead reports directly to the Site Operations Infrastructure Service Manager and is responsible for the supporting the strategic direction and leadership, of all activities associated with life cycle delivery of the specific area[s] of work assigned to them. They deputise for the Service Manager and are accountable for ensuring the efficient delivery of support services in accordance with all safety, quality time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the HPC construction project. The Role is a HPC Construction Site subject matter expert for their scope of work – and will be called upon to provide technical input during the planning, preparation and subsequent operations of their work area.
In addition, the post holder will also have direct line management responsibilities for the Site Operations Delivery Lead[s] assigned to the specific areas[s] of work for which they are accountable.
The Senior Infrastructure Delivery Lead is responsible for directing the safe, timely and efficient provision of the Infrastructure including Mechanical and Electrical services in order to support a delay-free NNB construction programme. Key to the role is managing the technical delivery of the construction utility services, including civils, power, water and IT&T, in line with the relevant industry regulations and requirements of the whilst meeting the needs of the Tier 1 construction companies as an enabler to meeting their construction schedules. The role involves extensive liaison with the Tier 1 contractors, service providers, internal and external regulators, to deliver a compliant, effective and efficient service. The role will support the delivery and execution of the HPC Area Management model providing technical decisions and judgements to allow Best for Project decisions to be made in their area.
- Lead the provision of critical site support services to a construction workforce of circa 11,600
- Deputise for the Service Manager in the responsibility for budgetary control for contracts with values of full project lifecycle and accountability for all statutory, regulatory and site controls.
- Manage a range of multi-level stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Providing day to day operational support on all cross functional aspects of electrical & mechanical activities including organisation and leadership to Delivery Leads
- Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces with all other elements of the project.
- Ensuring training and mentoring of all direct reports and managing the discipline, safety, effectiveness and competency of the Tier 1 contractor team.
- Develop and execute effective strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan [PEP]
- Anticipate and resolve any issues arising with the contract or package of works, identifying risks and facilitating their resolution
- Support the preparation of monthly reports for each work stream including safety performance, performance against SLAs, performance against KPIs, financial reporting, project forecasting and forward planning
- Career management/staff performance reporting
- Responsibility for the safe and efficient management of the following pieces of HPC infrastructure and capabilities:
- Oversee elements of temporary works designs, installation, operation, maintenance and removal of temporary utilities.
- Maximising our Tier 1 contractor team’s productivity to make the most of resources and being able to show value to NNB.
- Address construction engineering concerns and develop solutions.
- Co-ordinate logistics of construction and play a key role in managing the construction process
- safety management
- quality management
- good neighbour management
- environmental management
- Risk Mitigation
- Monitor acceptance of compliance works by contractors.
- Expedite timely completion of design and construction deliverables.
- Extensive Project Management experience including mechanical and electrical installation
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the utilities industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- Technical experience and an understanding of British standards and regulations.
- Full knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Handover documentation for “as built” drawings and operation and maintenance manuals.
- Electrical and mechanical utilities distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of high voltage systems. 11kV/400V substations and distribution.
- Knowledge and understanding of confined spaces regulations.
- Proven track record of delivery within a large project environment.
- Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
- Experience of working with and developing similar sized packages of work relating to expected budget of up to £250m.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of positive stakeholder engagement [internally and externally].
- Intellectual capacity to deal with complex issues – and work within our local supply chain vision, creating a one team ethos.
- Significant Management Experience on a construction site, other industrial plant or other high hazard industry.
- IOSH Construction Safety Qualification
- Nuclear Construction Site experience
- Nuclear Emergency Management qualification
- NEC3 Contract training
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE2 or APM)
- Experience of working in a high security environment.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.