Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Digital technology holds the key to catalysing energy transition and accelerating project performance improvements and Assystem are uniquely placed to leverage technological developments and drive our client organisations to the next level of performance.
Information Manager – BIM – Fusion projects Oxford
Today, our team are working on public and privately funded fusion projects in the UK and supporting international fusions projects including ITER and EU DEMO. Our fusion experience covers the full range of power plant delivery from technology development and concept designs through to installation and commissioning on ITER.
We are looking for an information manager who can cover a variety of different projects with a particular focus on building BIM capability to meet the fusion challenge for 2040.
The successful Information Manager will undertake a range of IM roles, including leading projects on behalf of customers or delivering in response to a customer’s requirements.
Duties may include:
- Support the implementation of the BIM policy.
- Liaise and co-operate with Project Team Members in support of a collaborative working culture.
- Attend project and design team meetings as required.
- The creation of Exchange Information Requirements (EIRs), clarifying the customer’s preferred systems, processes and required outputs from their supply chain.
- Establish a Common Data Environment including processes and procedures to enable reliable information exchange between Project Team Members, the Employer, and other parties.
- Receive information from a range of sources and validate compliance against the EIR / BEP and advise on any non-compliance.
- Agree and implement record keeping, archiving and audit trail for the Information Model
- The creation BIM Execution Plans (BEPs) template to assist suppliers responding to the EIR.
- Monitoring supply chain performance and where necessary implementing appropriate training and upskilling to ensure effective information delivery.
- The capture and integration of asset data and development of Asset Information Requirements.
Organisational Compliance with Standards:
- Responsible for BIM standards compliance, including development, implementation, and Quality adherence.
- Detailed understanding of the key elements of PAS/BS 1192, ISO 9001 and ISO 19650.
- Assist in developing and enforcing BIM documentation and workflow process standards
- Design & deliver internal training: fundamental and intermediate BIM training to staff
- To succeed in the role you’ll have enthusiasm and commitment to building a capability
- Have a proactive leadership style, a collaborative approach to team working
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- Basic understanding of the 3D modelling process
- Enthusiasm & drive for achievement combined with a professional work ethic and resilience, self-motivated and keen to learn across a range of technical subjects and engineering disciplines
- Have a thorough understanding of data, information management, BIM agendas within the UK and the standards and documents for implementation in engineering
- A willingness to challenge conventions both internally and with our clients with the aim of delivering our projects much more effectively is a pre-requisite
Due to the nature of work applicants will be required to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Mechanical (BIM) Engineer