HVAC Layout Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The activities, to be carried out as part of the service, will be performed within the HPC site engineering office (Joint Design Office). The activities will be done as part of the Layout Team. The Team is in charge of supporting the construction of two EPR on HPC by providing the engineering supports regarding the design of the plant.
The main activities to be carried out are:
- Assessing if site requests have an impact on HVAC layout.
- Producing technical assessments and solutions for HVAC systems, with supporting justification.
- Designing and updating 3D models specific to HVAC systems, considering installation tolerances and integration within the overall plant layout.
- Working closely with other disciplines (Piping, Equipment, and Electrical) to ensure HVAC systems are integrated seamlessly.
- Liaising with design and construction teams to implement changes in HVAC layout and design.
- Contributing to the resolution of design issues related to HVAC systems.
- Collecting and organizing lessons learned specifically related to HVAC layout and design.
The activities will be performed under the supervision of the Layout Team lead.
Any technical issue or deviations, any area of improvement identified and any need of
specific support to perform the activities need to be shared with Layout Team Lead, and
if needed to the Layout Discipline Lead.
- Qualified to Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or a related field, with experience in HVAC systems design.
- Proficient in 3D design software, particularly with PDMS/E3D with a specific focus on HVAC system modeling.
- Experience with 3D model visualization for HVAC layout analysis.
- Good knowledge and understanding of HVAC layout rules and standards.
- Experience with HVAC systems in a nuclear site engineering context.
- Familiarity with the UK design context and regulatory processes specific to HVAC systems in nuclear facilities.
- Knowledge of the general operation of nuclear power stations and the associated safety aspects, particularly those relevant to HVAC systems (e.g., nuclear safety, flooding, fire, radiological protection).
- Experience in collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to ensure the effective integration of HVAC systems into complex plant layouts.
Joining our team means being part of a dynamic and innovative environment where your contributions will have a direct impact on one of the UK’s most significant energy projects. You will work alongside dedicated professionals in an international setting, utilizing new technologies and approaches to meet the challenges of the HPC project. Your role will not only offer a unique chance for professional growth but also enable you to contribute to the global shift towards a sustainable energy future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.