Human Factors Senior Consultant
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Corporate Risk Associates has been an Assystem owned business since 2020. We are established as one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies, renowned for 1st class delivery of quality services to the Critical National Infrastructure in the UK and overseas.
We have a long history of helping current nuclear operations and new build projects manage their safety and risk in the civil and defence nuclear sectors. This provides opportunities for varied project work for our staff.
Human Factors Senior Consultant
- CRA is seeking to employ a Senior Consultant on a permanent basis to play a key role in the continued growth and development of our established and highly successful Human and Organisational Factors team.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills on a wide range of Human Factors projects in the safety critical domains, both in the UK and internationally, providing specialist Human Factors support alongside recognised UK experts and supporting early careers professionals.
- This role is ideal for individuals who are seeking to accelerate their career in a dynamic consultancy environment. Opportunities exist for personal development in technical leadership, stakeholder engagement, mentoring and management of complex projects.
- This role requires a highly motivated individual with the ability and experience to lead Human Factors projects in the nuclear industry for our key clients, and willingness and intuition to support projects in a wider range of industries beyond nuclear.
- You will be passionate about strong client engagement and interaction based on our core values of Quality, Leadership and Integrity.
- We offer flexible working within our team including remote working options, with opportunities to work with our clients on-site within the UK and internationally.
- You will be part of a progressive, modern consultancy that offers the independence to develop and pursue your career interests.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 7 years’ total experience in the application of Human Factors to be considered for this role.
- Applicants must possess at least 5 years’ experience applying Human Factors skills and knowledge within the UK Nuclear Industry.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical knowledge in Human Factors.
- Experience in Human Factors Integration, Human Reliability Assessment and substantiation.
- Awareness of Regulated industries, including Safety Case principles.
- Multi-disciplinary working awareness
- Confidence to engage with our clients and assume responsibility for delivering technical projects.
- Enthusiasm to develop your Human Factors skillset and to challenge yourself.
- Confidence to present and engage with our clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- High level of IT proficiency, computer literacy, MS Office Suite
- Ability to think intuitively and creatively
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Human Factors Experience in non-nuclear Safety Critical Domains
- Security Clearance
- Degree qualified (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) in Ergonomics/Human Factors, or can demonstrate HF competency e.g. through Chartership.
UK-based, with client site and some home-working anticipated. International travel opportunities are likely.
Attractive remuneration package with benefits including pension, professional membership and flexible working.
- Degree qualified (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) in Ergonomics/Human Factors, or can demonstrate HF competency e.g. through Chartership
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.