Human Factors Engineer
- Contracting / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Human Factors Engineer will support the Human Factors professional technical authority for all Engineering Services related business on the Client site (both nuclear and non-nuclear) across the 7 domains (Human Factors Engineering, Systems Safety, Health Hazard Assessments, Training, Manpower, Personnel, Organisation and Social);
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide professional support to a team of specialists, engineers and other staff as appropriate and provide consultancy (primary internal) in the areas of Human Factors and human performance;
- Ensure that Human Factors assessments to support Design and Safety Management projects are conducted in accordance with appropriate standards and business processes;
- Support the Integration of Human Factors (HF) into Design and Safety Management projects in accordance with the AGILITY process;
- Provide DRDL with professional guidance on the application of Human Factors knowledge and understanding across the seven Human Factors domains;
- Provide the Human Factors substantiation component of design / safety justifications;
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of developments in Human Factors;
- Promote awareness of technical Human Factors issues and to provide in-house Human Factors training to Client personnel;
- To assist the Principal Engineer (Human Factors) in providing the intelligent customer function (w.r.t. Human Factors) for the Client during the contract tendering process;
- Assist the PAG’s in provision of procedural content and format to minimise the occurrence of error;
- Support the development of trainee Human Factors specialists;
- Support the Principal Engineer (Human Factors) in the development of estimates and assist commercial departments in the production of outgoing tender responses. Provide technical analysis of incoming tender. Resolution of design sub-contract technical queries;
- Attend project, production, HAZOPS, optioneering and value engineering meetings;
- Ensuring that conventional health and safety executive statutory regulation requirements are embodied into the engineering systems;
- Nuclear Introductory Course (or equivalent) and /or submarine system knowledge.
- Understanding of Human Factors within engineering design and safety practice.
- Project specification, planning project management and budgeting experience.
- Relevant behavioural science / Human Factors degree or significant experience in relevant behavioural science / Human Factors discipline with NVQ Level 4 in a behavioural science discipline.
SC status as a minimum, UK national.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.