Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
- To provide Subject Matter Expert specialist support and facilitate timely Highways related Consents for HS2 works as obligated under the HS2 Phase 1 Act.
- Supporting governance, delivery activities and communications within a team environment.
- Working across a matrix organisation to deliver client obligations and ensure engagement and suitable approval applications for works.
- Taking a proactive role in Highways related consents and as required, representation at Highway Authority Sub – Groups/Traffic Liaison Groups, Public Meetings and Engagements covering the HS2/Highway Authority interface.
- Provide project management of the Highway Consent process and ensure progress is reported and acted upon.
- Ensure compliance with HS2 Act 2017 in relation to works affecting the National Road Network
- This role operates on a functional basis to sub-lots and/or route wide, to achieve functional delivery and discharge of all interfaces with Highway Authorities.
- Act as a subject matter expert for Highway Authority Consents related activities and managing inputs from the Sub Lot teams, Logistics, commercial, utilities, environmental, technical specialists and others as required.
ORGANISATIONAL: To take a key role in ensuring relevant Highways Consents are obtained as part of a flexible and multi-disciplinary functional Integrated Project Team, while ensuring operations teams and employees adhere to the High-Speed Rail (London -West Midlands) Act 2017. Fully enabling the delivery teams to construct the works and ensuring that obligations are discharged in compliance with the HS2 contract
Direct: Consents Manager
Internal: Sub Lot Delivery teams, Logistics team, Consents Team, U&A Team, Design Teams, Interface Managers, Environment Manager, Utilities
External: Highway Authorities, HS2 & Contractors
• As Highways Consents Manager you will lead coordination between teams, assure Temporary Works Consent submittals and ensure they are delivered in a timely manner to enable approval from the relevant Highways Authorities and achieve the project programme.
• Lead coordination between the Sub Lot delivery teams to ensure the production of relevant technical documentation is to a consistent standard.
• Develop a working understanding of the contract and technical requirements of working with Highways Authorities and Client under the HS2 Regime.
• Provide assurance on complete Consent applications prior to them being sent to the Highways Authority.
• Liaise with the Temporary Works, Logistics, Permanent Design, Environment and Traffic Management Teams to ensure that the technical deliverables required by the Highways Authorities can be prepared to the correct standard.
• Organise workshops and deliver training to enable consistent understanding across the delivery team.
• Manage the coordination and delivery of an integrated database detailing the relevant Consentable activities so these can be incorporated into the programme and communicated to stakeholders.
• Identifying, helping to resolve and where necessary escalating key risks to the Head of Stakeholders.
• Ensure compliance in accordance with HS2 standards and project requirements and the HS2 Act.
• Provide support and management of the interface between delivery teams and Highway Authorities.
• Manage risk assessment and mitigate risk for delivery of works associated with Highways England assets and stakeholder communications.
• Manage, collate and produce evidence for performance metrics and reporting.
• Provide focused support to the performance and assurance of programme, financial, consenting and approvals requirements.
• Actively communicate with Highways Authorities and their contractors to meet project objectives.
• Collaborate with HS2, stakeholders and other contractors in support of project objectives.
• Provide upward reporting to Senior Managers.
• Actively comply with and support team compliance with company and client safety standards.
• Manage the escalation of issues and sharing of good practice.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
• Experience and knowledge of working with strategic Stakeholders
• Experience of working on the strategic road network planning and undertaking temporary works.
• An understanding of Highways Design and Legislation.
• Competent in data management using Microsoft Excel and/or database use.
• Experience of working with and co-ordinating across multi-disciplinary teams on complex projects
• A history of working to coordinate between different teams.
• Proficient in the application of working practices
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior