Health-Safety-Environment (HSE) Inspector
- Permanent /
- On site
Finding solutions to climate change is the priority of the 21st century, and means switching to low-carbon energy. At Assystem, our mission is to accelerate the energy transition worldwide. To achieve this, our 7,000 Switchers combine their historical engineering expertise and project management with digital technologies.
In our 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Asia) of operation, we are working on the production and distribution of low-carbon electricity, through the development of nuclear and renewable energies. We are also supporting the modernisation and development of energy grids, managing the setup and siting for new transmission and distribution networks, and using hydrogen to decarbonise the transport and industry sectors.
Assystem in Türkiye, is renowned for working with the public and private sectors. Specializing in ESIA studies, site investigations, and laboratory research, the company offers vital site supervision owners and lenders engineering services. Notably, Assystem in Türkiye plays a pivotal role in major projects like power generation, and the construction of the Akkuyu nuclear power plant.
HSE Inspector is in charge, firstly to ensure the safety and the protection of health of all AEOS NCIO Team members in the environment of their professional activities and secondly, to perform HSE inspections on the NPP construction worksite for reporting on unsafe situations.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
Responsibilities (Main objectives to be ensured by the position)
• Ensure safety and protection of health of all AEOS NCIO Team members at construction site and AEOS NCIO offices • Properly perform, record and report on HSE inspections
Duties (Key activities expected from the position
• Implement defined HSE measures for ensuring day-to-day safety and health of all AEOS NCIO Project Team members (e.g. HSE trainings, HSE instructions, regular checks of provided HSE equipment, etc.) • Participate to the elaboration of HSE AEOS NCIO project documentation • Conduct or participate to HSE inspections on NPP worksite site and report on abnormal unsafe situations detected • Ensure the traceability of the inspections performed, of the defaults and deviations observed and non-conformities issued • Verify the default, deviations or non-conformities are properly corrected • Attend HSE Meetings organized at NPP worksite on request • Regular update of HSE indicators
Interfaces (Main entities and functions to be in relation with the position)
• Belong to AEOS NCIO QHSE Team • Report to the HSE Lead and follow his/her instructions • Keep the HSE Lead informed on all HSE findings, on status of related nonconformities and on progress of corrective or preventive actions • Communicate and interact with all AEOS NCIO Team members on HSE topics • Liaise with AKKUYU NÜKLEER Safety Department
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors
Knowledge (Discipline, technical background, methods & tools, languages, etc.)
• Good knowledge of the standards: o ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System standard o ISO 45001:2018 OHS Management System standard • High knowledge of Turkish Occupational Health and Safety Regulations
• Fluent in Turkish – read, spoken and written • Proficient in English – read, spoken and written • Proficient in Russian – read, spoken (will be a plus) • Microsoft Office software (professional use)
Skills (Main abilities and professional capabilities required)
• Ability to understand quickly project requirements • Ability to write instructions and reports • Ability to prepare training materials and conduct the trainings • Good written and verbal communication skills • Ability to communicate proactively in a multicultural environment • Capacity to work under pressure and to remain cool and calm with diplomacy in order to properly manage the situation at difficult times
Behavior (Main human and personal qualities expected from the collaborator)
• Patient and persuasive • Impartial and upright • Empathy and cooperation: • Resilience to pressure
Experience and Qualification Expected
Education (Diploma, educational level, specialty)
• Undergraduate diploma (graduation in the field of HSE is preferred)
Experience (Years of seniority expected, professional sector, discipline, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years of HSE experience • Experience in a construction project of an industrial installation (will be a plus)
Qualification (Specific certifications required, other trainings that could be a plus…)
- Class A is desirable, but not mandatory
- Candidates with Class B also can be considered
.• ISO 14001:2015 Internal Auditor Certificate (Lead Auditor Certificate will be a plus) • ISO 45001:2018 Internal Auditor Certificate (Lead Auditor Certificate will be a plus) • NEBOSH International General Certificate (will be a plus) • IOSH Managing Safely Certificate (will be a plus)
• Driving License • Military service completed
Nous nous engageons au respect de l’égalité de traitement entre les candidats, et célébrons toutes les formes de diversité. Chez Assystem, seules les compétences comptent ! Si vous souhaitez porter à la connaissance d’Assystem une quelconque situation ou des besoins spécifiques, n’hésitez pas vous serez accompagné(e) !