Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Hazard Engineer
Location: Bristol, Aztec West / Hybrid
Job Type: Permanent
your role as a Hazard Engineer, you will be responsible for producing safety studies that ensure the robustness of nuclear power plant systems and layouts.
- Analysis of the HPC specific modifications, proposing changes/optimisations to the Layout Teams in order to de-risk at an early stage, the design related to hazard protection requirements.
- Integration of all hazard studies in the design.
Verification Studies Analysis
From input data supplied by architect engineering (list of classified equipment), by systems engineering (description of plant main systems), and by the 3D model:
- Produce studies relating to:
- Internal hazards;
- External hazards.
- Produce simplified design calculation hypotheses and define the various possible scenarios for each internal or external threat situation:
- Identify the equipment under threat and also the way in which the equipment would be affected;
- Produce studies on the functional redundancies impacted.
- Relay to the building general layout the changes to be made to the general layout, highlighted by the functional analysis studies completed by architect engineering.
- Present the results of these studies regularly to the project teams.
- Relevant engineering degree
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on the systems, layout and and components of the common raft buildings or of the balance of plant
Skills & Knowledge:
- Engineering Degree
- Internal hazard/fire safety study experience
- Familiarity with European Pressurised Reactor systems: fluid, HVAC, electrical
- Knowledge of nuclear process/mechanical interfaces (layout)
- Nuclear processing regulation application
- System documentation creation experience
- Equipment supply contract management
- HPC sequencing/interfaces knowledge (asset)
- Navisworks proficiency
- IT application competency (MS suite, CAD)
Help the UK reach our net zero ambitions—Hinkley Point C (HPC) will supply 3,200 MWe of carbon-free electricity within the next decade.
Join us in shaping the future of renewable energy and make a lasting, positive impact!
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior
Highway Design Engineer
Highway Design Engineer