Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions – Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK's first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting for a Fire Engineer to join our growing teams working on the Hinkley Point C project.
Using 3D modelling, calculation methodologies and fire requirements issued by the architect engineer or the client to:
- Analyse the 3D model and identify the various combustible materials present in each area
- Perform temperature change calculations over time for a simulated fire (modelling of various situations using the MAGIC software)
- Assess the risk of damage to certain systems (functional redundancy)
- Monitor and include in models the changes issued by all the engineering teams (change of positioning of cable trays, electrical cabinets, ventilation ducts etc)
- Recommend protection solutions to prevent an outbreak of fire or to make it improbable
- Divide all buildings into zones for fire protection purposes
- Recommend fire detection and firefighting methods for the quickest possible detection and response
- Perform fire protection calculations using specific software
- Assess and provide justifications for departures from BS9999
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualification to degree level or equivalent specializing in safety and/or fire protection technologies
- Knowledge of ETC-F (EPR technical code for fire) would be an advantage
- Knowledge of and experience with UK Fire Regulations including BS9999
- Experience with calculations relating to fire protection and ability to work with calculation tools
- Ability to propose fire protection and detection solutions
- Strong software skills, ideally to include MAGIC software and Navisworks in addition to Microsoft Office
Other vacancies might interest you